Free shipping on orders over $99!
ORA MUNE MAX fights infections and maintains immunity.
A potent immune stimulant containing Transfer Factor, Bovine Colostrum, Beta-1, 3/1,6 D Glucan and vitamin C (ascorbic acid). Beta glucans activate the immune system against viral, bacterial, fungal, parasitic, and neoplastic invaders.*
Beta 1,3/1,6 D-Glucan:
Beta glucans are extracted from cell walls of the common baker's yeast Saccharomyces cervisiae, consisting of polymers of Beta 1,3 linked D-glucose with side chains of Beta 1,3 and Beta 1,6 linked D-glucose. These products contain no yeast cells and are completely safe and have no known toxic properties. When taken orally, Beta glucans activate the immune system against viral, bacterial, fungal, parasitic, and neoplastic invaders.
Therapeutic Properties of Beta Glucan
1. Activates and enhances uptake and destruction of invading cells and infectious organisms by macrophages or the body’s scavenger cells.
2. Potentiates antibiotic therapy.
3. Enhances the effect of chemotherapeutic drugs.>
4. Induces immune activation and release of cytokines (Messenger Hormones) by lymphocytes and lymph nodes. Cytokines such as GM-CSF and interferons demonstrate anti neoplastic activity.
5. Production of other cytokines known as interleukins facilitate intracellular communications between macrophages and T-cells to initiate the immune response.
6. Shown to be radioprotective by sparing immune cells from ionizing radiation.
7. Upon activation with Beta 1,3/1,6- D- Glucan, macrophages exhibit a significant drop in their vitamin C content. This may result in a decrease of free radical scavenging capacity of these cells, as well as impaired motility and enzyme production. In addition vitamin C enhances expression of cellular immune response. Vitamin C is therefore added to Ora Mune Max for maximum potency and optimal activity.
8. Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan alone or in combination with radiation and or chemotherapy is shown to inhibit growth and metastasis of a large number of experimental tumors both in vitro and in vivo.
Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant and a free radical scavenger. It also enhances expression of cellular immune response as well as a great number of other physiological and biochemical functions.